- Rice is the food par excellence in Thailand - the center of every meal. To the rice bowl grouped with
a meal the different foods. Suitable are white, long grain rice, Thai jasmine rice and Indian basmati rice.
For 4 people, you count about 350 grams of rice.
- Sticky rice, a short grain rice is the main food in north and northeast Thailand. Otherwise, it is mostly
used for desserts. It becomes sticky when cooked.
- Corn starch is used to bind sauces.
- Rice flour is made from long grain rice. It serves as a binder or for dough.
As a replacement are suitable corn or potato starch.
- Tapioca flour is made from cassava. From Thai cuisine, it is not indispensable. It can be replaced
with corn or potato starch.
- Rice noodles are made from rice flour. There are three different varieties: white thin noodles need to
be soaked wider noodles that are boiled in water and fresh, already cooked rice noodles.
- Glaas noodles are white noodles made from mung pea flour. You need to be soaked before cooking.
They are cooking transparent and have no taste.
- Egg noodles are noodles made of wheat flour and eggs. They are briefly boiled in salt water
then fried or steamed.